Modern covers of classic songs for your wedding ceremony aisle + first dance!
Updated: Jun 24, 2022
If you’re struggling to come up with a wedding ceremony ‘aisle song’ or wedding reception ‘first dance’ song our advice would be to grab a bottle of wine, get cosy on the couch with your partner and spend some time on Spotify and YouTube – there are loads of different cover versions of classic songs that sound totally fresh/amazing – you may even find some recorded by us, Paper Hearts.
In YouTube for example, simply type the song name of a song you like and “acoustic cover” or something to that effect next to the title and you’ll be off on the journey!
paper hearts wedding duo performing a live acoustic first dance song. captured by @johnnyrollinsweddings
We love learning new versions of classic songs, it keeps it fresh, modern and exciting – we love to watch the guests reactions when they realise what song it is too – some of our favourites we have performed at weddings over the years include:
• “500 Miles” – Sleeping At Last (or Jefr Tale)
• “Stand By Me” – Skylar Grey (or Matt Johnson)
• “You Make My Dreams Come True” – Billie Marten
• “Simply The Best” – Noah Reid (from the ‘Schitts Creek’ TV show)
• “Can’t Help Falling In Love” – Kina Grannis (or Hayley Reinhart)
• “Sea of Love” – Cat Power
• “What A Wonderful World” – Kina Grannis & Imaginary Future
*** Fun Fact*** We (Amelia + Ryan) chose this song (below) as our ceremony aisle song when we got married, and then later had our ‘first dance’ to the original uptempo version by Hall & Oats. We even recorded our own version to use as the sound track for our honeymoon (in Africa!) video:
We hope that helps to inspire some ideas for your wedding! xxx